You're a Freak Show

8:26 PM

One thing I have found hard to get used to is how many people stare at you when you are pushing a double stroller through a public place.  No matter where I go, I command attention.  And although it is sweet how many people want to ask you questions and talk with you, it takes patience.  I have found some remedies to make getting out easier but what I stress to you is you MUST get out.  You need to get used to the stares and that you can do this mama!  And what's even better is you can do it alone, with no help, I promise!  Here are some things I've learned over the past few months.


Covers, covers, covers. Every one loves a baby and you've got two.  You are a sweet old lady magnet.  But you do not want people to have direct access to your babies because eww germs.  I invested in pretty covers almost immediately and I keep the boys covered when we are out.  Now I will warn you, there will be people who approach and do not even ask and up goes our Milk Snob cover.  But for the most part, the cover acts as a deterrent.  Milk Snob covers are my recommendation because they come in the cutest patterns and they're protective while also being breathable.


Learn early.  As soon as the boys came home from the hospital, I was determined to get out of the house by myself.  When the boys were about 3 weeks old and Mike was still working from home, I made my decision that it was time.  I packed the diaper bag with all of our necessities and I set out for the mall(about 5 minutes down the road).  Mike called an hour later to check on me because he was sure I would need help at some point.  But I didn't.  If I couldn't figure out how to unfold the stroller or get the car seat out of the car, I just took a deep breath and tried again.  You will always have a moment when you need to step back and breath through it so learn early.  Now I'm a pro and have a routine for loading them.  Stroller out first, then the diaper bag and my coffee, calmest twin at the time in the back, fussier twin in the front, close all doors and we're off.

Mommy hooks.  Mommy hooks will become your second best friend(your first is coffee, no maybe wine, no maybe hand sanitizer).  If I'm heading to Target or the grocery store, I will make sure to bring reusable shopping bags.  You put your reusable bags on your mommy hook, load your items into the bag and then there is no need for a shopping cart or basket! Buy yours here!

Mommy hooks & reusable bags
Plan. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT try to go to more than two places in one trip out where you have to unload and reload your twins.  First, it's a lot on you but it also disrupts them if they're napping and you will end up in the middle of a meltdown in Target.  Make your list of your errands in the morning and plan in which order you will hit each place.  Businesses such as dry cleaners or tailors may be willing to run your items out to the car if you call and ask.  Switch to a pharmacy that has a drive-thru lane.  Go to a grocery store that has mommy with small children parking.

Happy adventuring with your nuggets!

Remember to follow us on insta @mypeasandourpod and snapchat @skryzzz!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts